28.1.10

Langlaufen im Schweiz

Well, I've managed to get out on my new skis a number of times already here in Switzerland (Langlaufen is german for cross-country skiing). Before Christmas I bought a pass that is good for every single km of ski trail in the entire country for 100 CHF (equal to about $100 CDN) and I resolved to mkae good on it by getting out as much as possible. One of my goals has been to try out a number of different places since I also have a general abondenment (GA) to get everywhere in the country.

Myself and a couple of people from work usually go skiing at Einsiedeln every Wednesday evening (as they have a lit 4 km loop) and on the weekends, I try and do a bit of exploring. I have also made it to Rothenthurm (photos below) and Langis, both of which were quite nice. The one thing I have noticed is that because most forested areas are limited to the steep slopes, there are not many XC trails that cut though the woods (similar to Gatineau Park) which is just a different vibe, although it does produce nice sightlines.

I will post more photos as the season progresses and visit more trails.

Watching the fog drian into the valley at Rothenthurm

All geared up after skiing at Rothenthurm

No comments:

Post a Comment